Embrace safe and precision microneedling in Perrysburg and Fremont, OH, to combat many signs of aging
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Hope Mitchell, along with her skilled professional team, finds great joy in providing personalized, warm care and education. After all, we want you to be well-informed consumers of care. So, you can make decisions that are in your best interests. We combine an approach that inspires trust with an investment in the latest, clinically proven techniques and technologies. Sophisticated treatments are generally precise, non-invasive, efficient, and gentle. Microneedling represents one of the many proven, low-risk, and no-downtime procedures available at the Perrysburg and Fremont, OH offices of Mitchell Dermatology.
The word “needle” is nothing to fear!
Microneedling corrects many signs of aging and UV/sun damage. You may be a great candidate to embrace this treatment if your skin is marred by:
- Fine lines
- Traumatic scars
- Acne scars
- Stubborn melasma (brown patches)
- Large pores
- Stretch marks
- Dull, lackluster complexion
- And more
As its name suggests, microneedling creates tiny, controlled “micro-injuries” in the skin via the precise application of a device equipped with several hair-fine, medical-grade needles. As the pen-like device passes over the treatment area, more than a thousand precisely-placed “micro-channels” are created in the skin each second. This process triggers natural healing. Your body goes to work to close the controlled wounds that were made. As the healing process is underway, firming collagen, springy elastin, and growth factors are produced. These beneficial substances contribute to a glowing, youthful, and firm appearance.
Vibrant skin awaits
Microneedling presents an attractive, natural, and safe alternative to invasive surgical procedures and non-surgical treatments requiring downtime or not achieving the desired results quickly. Our patients appreciate that the microneedling technique is:
- Gentle and non-thermal – The process does not produce excessive heat. So, it is generally safe with minimal discomfort. Some patients say that the device feels like sandpaper against their skin. We can discuss options to enhance comfort, such as topical anesthetic.
- Personalized treatment – Microneedling supports the safest, most precise treatment possible due to the device’s design. The depth of the needles and variables like speed can all be adjusted to your needs and personal characteristics.
- Fast – Treatment can be done in a matter of minutes. Since side effects are limited and modest (like redness that resembles windburn), you can generally get back to activities without waiting and recovery. Just be sure to follow instructions on post-treatment care provided by your doctor.
Microneedling is among the non-surgical treatments that balance effective skin-related changes with comfort and safety. It has the power to rejuvenate deeply. Since skin is healed and transformed from the inside out, the surface layers remain untouched. Generally, patients enjoy dramatic transformations within three treatments scheduled one to two months apart. Results are exceptionally long-lasting, up to 24 months! Another nice “side effect”: You’ll find that serums and other skin care products absorb better. So, they can be more effective at sustaining your healthy, rejuvenated look.