A guide to Belotero Balance®: soften smile lines, restore self-confidence
Confidently express your emotions. Using Belotero® dermal fillers, you can reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, restore facial volume and replenish the skin’s hydration levels naturally.
Our skin often changes as we age, becoming drier and more prone to wrinkles. Fortunately, some aesthetic treatments can restore the skin’s appearance. Belotero Balance® is among Mitchell Dermatology’s vast menu of proven dermal fillers, designed to correct an equally extensive range of aesthetic concerns. This product can smooth the lines safely above the lips, creases around the mouth, and the nasolabial folds that run along the sides of the nose. It is also used in the sunken area of the lower eyelids (tear trough). It is formulated with hyaluronic acid (HA). This substance is a popular component of fillers because it is biocompatible and present in the body naturally as a lubricant and moisturizer. So, HA-based fillers are generally low-risk and appropriate for patients with skin sensitivities.
The HA within Belotero Balance® binds to water as a moisture-loving molecule. The resulting gel is expertly injected into precise treatment areas around the lips and mouth with a thin needle. Once administered, this gel filler functions like a cushion. It plumps up the target sunken or saggy areas. This action also has a smoothing effect on the lines and wrinkles in the lower part of the face. Due to Belotero’s unique design, the filler renders a very soft, smooth, and cohesive gel, which integrates well and naturally into the tissues in the treatment sites. Mitchell Dermatology patients love that:
- They see instant results in the appearance of their skin.
- The filler “fills in” and blends evenly into the skin’s structure.
- They never look like they have had “work done” or like the filler is “overdone”; results appear and feel natural.
- Treatment is fast and can be completed in one session.
- Injections are tolerated well, with little more than a numbing cream or cold compress to relieve minor discomfort, swelling, redness, and bruising.
- They can get right back to work and other activities with minimal to no downtime.
- The duration of your stunning results is favorable compared to other fillers, for up to 6 to 9 months.
As with other fillers, Belotero Balance® is not a permanent answer to signs of aging or premature aging. It is, however, an effective, low-risk, non-surgical way to rejuvenate your face. We are happy to discuss how to retain the results with touch-ups and an excellent skin care regimen. Contact Mitchell Dermatology today to schedule your consultation with our board-certified and licensed dermatologist and skin specialists in Perrysburg 419.871.3737 or our Fremont office 419.871.3636.