A single type of noninvasive treatment to “melt” your double chin: Kybella® in Perrysburg and Fremont, OH
Have you become an expert in the “art of disguise”? By that, do you hide your double chin behind scarves, mock necks, or ingeniously draped fabric? If so, you may be well-suited to Kybella®, planned and administered skillfully by the team of skin care professionals at Mitchell Dermatology. They have helped patients in Perrysburg, Fremont, and Northwest OH restore the freedom to wear what they like and the confidence that comes with a healthy, trim, and youthful appearance.
The problem: Stubborn under-chin fat
The “submental” region refers to that area between the head and the neck. Submental fat is particularly resistant to weight loss techniques, such as proper diet and regular exercise. That’s because patients of all sizes and shapes can have chin fat due to factors outside of their control – genetics or age-related hormonal changes. Traditionally, patients with double chins were limited to invasive surgical treatments to resculpt a defined jawline and restore a youthful facial shape.
Now, Mitchell Dermatology patients do not have to resort to risky and invasive procedures to look and feel more like themselves again. Kybella® is the first (and only) FDA-approved injectable treatment designed to diminish moderate to severe “submental fullness.”
The treatment: Kybella®
Instead of surgical cutting, suctioning, and repositioning, fat can be “melted” noninvasively within the treatment areas with Kybella® injections. Here are a few of the details that are “good to know” about this no-downtime, low-risk treatment:
- Kybella® is injected precisely into pre-mapped areas of the chin.
- Treatment is tolerated well. If you wish, we can apply a cold compress or local numbing product to assure you are comfortable.
- Common side effects are temporary and minor; they include injection site redness, tenderness, bruises, and swelling.
- On average, patients require three to six short, monthly treatments to get their desired level of fat-melting.
- Results are revealed gradually due to Kybella’s mechanism of action. Kybella® is formulated with deoxycholic acid, a substance that absorbs and breaks down fat. When precisely injected, it selectively destroys fat cells.
- Results last and last. Over time, the damaged fat cells are safely eliminated from your body. Dissolved fat can’t regrow in the treated area. With healthy lifestyle choices, you can enjoy defined contours and trim features for a lifetime.
It is important to note that Kybella® does not tighten loose skin. We have other treatments for that! To find out the best treatment to shed your double chin, schedule a consultation at Mitchell Dermatology. 419.871.3737 (Perrysburg) and 419.871.3636 (Fremont).
WATCH TO LEARN more about Kybella® treatment.
Request an Appointment
Hope Mitchell, MD, is the founder and medical director of Mitchell Dermatology and an Ohio board-certified medical and cosmetic dermatologist. Dr. Mitchell has 25 years of expertise in the field. She is prepared to meet every skin care need with a personalized, one-of-a-kind treatment plan that you deserve.